The Maldives’s coral reef ecosystem is essential for the sustainability of the islands and the ocean as we have one of the most fragile environments in the world. Several conservation efforts are underway to protect our marine ecosystems to ensure that the rich biodiversity is preserved for future generations.
Visitors are encouraged to carry back their own non-biodegradable waste and to be thoughtful as not to touch, stand on or remove any corals while snorkelling or diving in the Maldives.
Maldives is a Muslim country hence bikinis and swim wear are not allowed while visiting local islands and modest dress code is urged. Beachwear is permitted in resorts and selected beaches where guest houses are located, though topless sunbathing is against the law.
Bringing alcohol to the country is not allowed. If you have bought any items containing alcohol from a duty-free shop en route to Maldives, it will be kept at Maldives Customs Bond and will be returned before departure.
It is prohibited to bring in firearms, illegal drugs, pornography, pork products and idols of worship into the Maldives.
Most over the counter medications can be carried, and a valid prescription issued by a medical practitioner is required for controlled drugs when entering the country.
If you plan to bring a drone to the Maldives, please check with your respective hotel or resort as they will have their own policy.
To stay connected, you can pick up a sim card from the airport and 4G signal is available throughout Maldives.
Wellbeing & Safety
The health and safety of our visitors are utmost to us, and we make sure our staff, our office premises and our safari boats are clean, hygienic, and extensive safety measures and protocols are in place to keep all our guests safe.
Visa and Entry
We welcome tourists from around the world and on arrival to the Maldives will receive a 30-day visa. As of now;
- Quarantine is not required upon arrival
- If the tourist have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, on arrival the Health Protection
- Agency should be informed. http://health.gov.mv/Contact
- All tourists are required to wear masks.
- All tourists will undergo thermal screening at the arrival terminal.
- All tourists are encouraged to install the Contact Tracing app “TraceEkee.”
To maintain the safety of all incoming tourists and our communities, you must present the following documents until such a time:
- All tourists are required to submit an online Health Declaration Form within 24 hours prior to departure through https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/
- All tourists should have a negative PCR result with a sample taken 96 hours prior to their departure to the Maldives.
- If the tourist makes a transit during the journey, the initial PCR test will be valid if the transit does not exceed 24 hours. If the transit exceeds 24 hours, the tourist must repeat the PCR test within 96 hours to their departure to Maldives.
- A confirmed booking in a tourist establishment registered with the Ministry of Tourism. A list of tourist establishments and their tentative reopening dates is available on https://visitmaldives.com/en/covid19-updates
- Split-Stays are permitted between all tourist establishments that meet all compulsory requirements under the Split-Stay guideline approved by the local Health Protection Agency. https://tourism.gov.mv/
- Requests for approval of these Split-Stays should be submitted to the Ministry of Tourism two days prior to the traveling date. firstname.lastname@example.org
- All tourist should follow the guidelines outlined by the Ministry of Tourism https://tourism.gov.mv/
- For tourists who want more information on what they can expect when they travel to the Maldives The “Public Health Interventions to Prevent COVID-19 Transmission in the Tourism Sector” guideline can provide that for you.
Departure from Maldives
- Tourists must undertake an exit screening prior to departure from the resort.
- PCR Testing for International Departure Flights
Should you be required a negative PCR test prior to your departure flight, our customer support services will organise the process for you through the registered medical facilities.